Thursday, September 8, 2011

Activity 6 Vocabulary

My Tuesday students are completely on top of completing their "Secret Garden Notebook!"  I am just now getting the vocabulary for this week posted and I have already had several inqiries about where the definitions were!  So those of you who have been eager to begin, I'm so sorry!  I'll try to be better at posting the definitions that day I assign them.  :) 

Remember, copy down the definitions and then draw a picture out to the side to help you remember the meaning of each word!

1.  Porridge - breakfast food like oatmeal

2.  Biscuit - can be a small cake or cookie, not usually too sweet

3.  Matted - a tangled mess, clumped together

4.  Alcoves - a shady or secluded place in a garden

I look forward to hearing how many of your predictions from Activity 7 were close to what happened in the story! 

I hope you are enjoying this book and the activities as much as I am!  Have a great week! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment